Audacia Wine Farm hosts the Root 44 Parkrun. It is a weekly, free, 5 km timed run, Saturday’s at 08h00, and part of the a worldwide parkrun initiative.
Why I love this Parkrun:
- You get to run/walk in the beautiful Stellenbosch Winelands, on a farm, through the vineyards, with the mountains as backdrop.
- It is a safe option for exercising outside – safety in numbers.
- It’s free.
- You can run/walk at your own pace.
- You compete against yourself – every run is timed.
- You can walk with your baby in a stroller.
- You can walk with your dog on a leash.
- You can participate as often or little as you like.
- No need to enter – just show up.
- It is a weekly event, every Saturday.
- And best of all – the Root 44 weekend market.
Register once on the Parkrun website, print your barcode ticket and bring it along every time you participate to monitor your time and progress.
Bring a bottle of water – there is only one water tap along the way.
Delicious food and drinks at the Root 44 market.
Audacia Wine Farm is situated on the R44 between Stellenbosch and Somerset West.